Thursday, December 25, 2008

First Entry

Good Morning and Merry Christmas!!

Today is Christmas of 2008. The birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Or so that's what my sister and I thought until our little brother told us that he was actual born in the spring. Crazy I know. Erika is freaking out and saying her whole life is a lie haha.

This Christmas was great. I got to spend it with my family, be around new friends, and get to go back and see old ones. But this year I felt so distance from Christmas. It just didn't feel like Christmas. Maybe it was the weather changing from snowing one day to being in the 70's the next day. Or maybe it was that I knew what Christmas is really about but I really didn't know what Christmas is about. Confusing yes but to me it frustrating. I think it's because it's a HUGE thing to comprehend but that God gave us the most amazing gift of all. Not a laptop, or a car, or even a neat pair of shoes but a son. A person to come down and tell us about God and the amazing things he can do and then die for us so we could all be saved.

I never really got that when I was a kid. I heard the stories in Sunday school but never really took it in. I think we all overlook what Christmas is about. Yes it's good to go see your family and friends, and to be able to give gifts, but the one and only thing that we should be focused more on is the gift given by God. Nothing will or ever compare to the gift he gave. If we don't then we're missing out of the best gift ever. And instead of just having this holiday as the one day we talk, hear, or celebrate Jesus it should be everyday. Everyday should be treated as if it was Christmas. God didn't send him down so we could celebrate that one day, we need to be doing it every single day that we are living!

Thank you God! Thank you for giving this world the most precious gift of all. Your one true son, Jesus Christ! I thank you for that.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! Have a happy and safe holiday!

1 comment: